Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Weigh In Wednesday

As I talked a little bit about in my Meal Plan Monday post this week, I've gained back some weight I lost last year and am feeling fat again.  Last year Brian and I did Weight Watchers and I also starting going to the gym and working out and lost about 25 lbs!  I got rid of all my FAT (I don't even want to admit the size!) clothes so there would be no going back for me.  With these 10 lbs I gained back my pants are starting to get snug and tight and I'm not ok with that.

I have always felt comfortable with my body and my size but now I want to be healthy!  I want to be able to keep up with my kids busy schedule and not feel tired, I want to wear cuter clothes, and (here is my vainest reason) I don't want to be a Fat Mom anymore.  Losing weight is hard, but since I have had my kids, I have 2 or 3 times lost 20-25 lbs, but the keeping it off is the hardest part for me.  I get super lazy with working out and even lazier cooking good meals for the family.  Its sad, but the kids usually eat better than Brian and I do.  One thing I am proud of (other than my son LOVING poparts) is that I usually make sure they eat healthy, good for you food.  Nutrition at such a young age is so important and I do not want to be the cause of unhealthy eating for them. 

So my goal for my total weight loss is going to be 50 lbs! YIKES that just seems so much, but if i break it down, I'm hoping that this goal will be attainable.    My 1st goal will be 25 lbs.  I hope to have lost this 1st goal weight by the end of May.  That is 4 months, 16 weeks, only 1.56 lbs per week to lose.  Im hoping that I can do this!  This week I have started us back on WW and in the next week or so our gym membership will start again so I HAVE to work out 3-4 times a week.  This will be super hard for me to do with work, cooking, kids, and sleep!  Even if I can just do a Zumba class a few nights a week and than hit the treadmill for even 20 mins each time I'm there I'll be happy.  I'm gonna hold off on weight training until I lose at least 15 lbs. 

Each Wednesday I'll check back in and post about my success from the week before.  I need something to hold me accountable!  I also found this cool idea on pinterset called Motivation Marbles and am going to do this as well.  I'm going to have each marble represent 1/2 lb, so that means I'll have 100 marbles total.  Each Wednesday when I weigh in I'll be moving marbles!

Here is a picture of me right now and below that is a picture of me from the summer I got married.  I honestly dont even know what my weight was than, but I do know it was a heck of a lot less than what I am now! 

I have so much belly fat and my face looks huge!

This is me in 2004, at my reception at home.  Hardly any belly fat, thinner arms and a skinny face. 

This is me at my wedding in 2004 on the beach in OBX!! I wasnt skinny skinny by anymeans but I felt and looked healthy!  This is what Im going to work towards!

2 comments:

BabiesandBargains said...

I am doing the same..I lost 44 pounds last year put on 9 ...Back on WW for almost 2 weeks now and lost4.4 pounds! 32 more to go losing weight is hard and finding time is even harder but Im here to cheer you on!

Laura said...

Congratulations on your decision to lose weight and for being brave enough to share it with all of us. Being a busy mom, I completely understand the lack of time for ourselves, the difficulty squeezing in a work-out, and chore of taking the much needed time and effort to shop/create/cook healthy good food. Good for you for making the choice to work hard for your health - you will inspire us! I will be rooting you on, Steph!