Wednesday, January 11, 2012

10 day Goals

Updated Sunday 1/15/12

So for the next 10 days I will have extra free time at night so I want to come up with a list of goals to get things done each night!  Each room in my house has a little (or alot) of clutter that I want to get put away, the basement area is a mess again (at least the storage areas are clean!) and I have a few projects that I want to begin and complete.  So here is my list. 

So today is day 5, I'm halfway there!  Thought I would update my progress and still see what I have left to do.

1. Make my Valentines Day Heart Felt Wreath.  This is priority number 1 since I want it up as long as I can for a Valentines decoration.  I think this will take about 1.5 nights since there is alot of cutting circles.- I have the wreath put together but just need to get a white ribbon to put on it to hang from.  90% complete with this goal! This is 100% complete! Looks soo cute!



2. Week 2 of Organization Challenge. - I have all but underneath the sink to do, so not looking forward to that but it is one of the things Im going to do today! 90% complete on this goal.

3. Look at my meal plan for next week.  I don't want to have to go to the grocery store, so I may have to move some things around so I cook what I already have at home!  This should save me about $100 too! Each week I spend about $100 at the grocery store and if I don't go I won't spend it! I know we have enough food and junk in the house to last all next week!  So this is a very important goal for me!- 100% complete on this!  Its not the most spectacular food week, but check tomorrows post to see our meal plan.

4. Finish my MENU board for the kitchen.  I already have the days of the week plaque chalk boarded just need to get my letters for the days of the week painted, put the super cute fabric I have on the cardboard it will hang on, and get some letters made for MENU to hang above it.- I haven't done anything with this yet.  I bought some blue paint but isnt the color I really want to need to take that back and buy a different color.  I am 50% complete on this.

5. Do my ART Clipboard project.  I have 3 really cute fabrics that I want to put on 6 clipboards to hang on the wall by Emma's dinning room chair to display all the art work she brings home from school.  I need to also paint the really cute ART letters I bought with the paint I bought.  So I have all the supplies, just need to put them all together.- All I have left on this is to get some  blueish ribbon to hang my letters on and this will be complete! The clipboards are already hanging on the wall and im very happy with the way they turned out!  90% complete on this. This is 100% complete!!  If you havent seen the blog already, here is the link


6.  Put the super cute fabric up on the back of my cube bookcase.  This will be sort of hard since the backing on it is on each little cube.  Ill need to take them all off and cut some cardboard to fit the whole area. - Have not even started this yet.  I did buy an iron yesterday so I think while Caden naps today I will try to get this accomplished.  0% complete This is 100% complete! Love the look of it! 


7. Cover my important paper holder i already made with the fabric I already have.- Have not even stated this yet, hopefully I can get this done today as well.  0% complete. This is 100% complete and I am very happy with it!



8. Clean off the top of Gabby's crate which has just collected junk in our bedroom.- 100% complete on this! 

9. Take the kids clothes totes to the basement instead of in our bedroom.- 100% complete on this! I even put them in a good spot in the storage area of the basement instead of just leaving it by the bottom of the stairs.

10. Put away all the CRAP that is in the basement that just keeps accumulating!  30% complete as I have been putting stuff away each time I go downstairs.

11. The regular household stuff like vacuuming, laundry and cleaning.- unfortunatly this will never be complete as I have to do this daily.  But I did do all our laundry Friday so that is one thing i can check off!

As I am typing this i realize that I have alot of fun projects to do and alot of not so fun stuff to do!  But over the next 10 days, I only work 5 days so this list should totally be doable! 

Tonight I am getting together with my Dance girl friends and kids for a party so I'm hoping tonight I can cut the circles for the Heart Wreath- I was too tired when I got home and didnt do anything!,

Thursday I hope to complete the heart wreath (but its a busy dance and gym night so I may be too tired to finish it!)- as I listened to my audio book after the kids went to bed I got 65% of the circles cut. 

I'm off Friday so I'm hoping to complete the Clipboard project,clean my bedroom and redo my meal plan- I finshed cutting out the circles and when I went to put them on I found out i bought too small of pins so had to hold off on that. I did paint my ART letters and cut out all the fabric for the clip boards.  I did clean my room and did get the laundry done and put away.  I also did most of my 52 weeks challenge.  

Sat I'm hoping to do laundry and finish week 2 of my organization challenge- I spent most of the day with my family but I was able to pin my valentines wreath together and iron and glue the fabric onto my clip boards

Sunday I hope to clean up the basement- Im changing this to cover my bookcase with fabric and my important paper holder and to finish the 52 week challenge I did end up covering my bookcase but did not finish the challenge.  We went to my parents for dinner and did use Emma's Crayon Maker for the 1st time!  It really is pretty cool.

Monday I work so at night I hope to finish my important paper holder- this night I hope to have bought the ribbons for my ART and wreath and get those hung. I did hang up my ART letters and the wreath so that was a good thing!

Tuesday I am off so I hope to tackle the bookshelf project and finish my menu board- I hope to have already completed the bookshelf so that leaves just to finish the menu board! I was pretty lazy this day.  even took a little nap while Caden did (even though I felt even worse afterwards) but I did get everything for the menu board done expect hang it up! 

 And I think that takes care of all my projects!! Each day Ill be doing the dishes and vacuuming.  So that leaves Wed, Thurs and Fri open for more fun things! Although Thursday is our busy day of dance and gym so I may not get anything accomplished that day!

Here's to hoping that I can get this all accomplished!!  Ill post back a week from Sat to give updates and show pics of all the cool stuff I made!
Stay tuned for another update once I finish all my goals!!

0 comments: