Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Week 5 of 52 Week Organization Challenge

Week 5 of the Weekly Chalenge was recipes and cookbooks.  You can find the link to it here.
This was a pretty easy week for me because I have a halfway decent organiztion of this already.  My favorite cookbooks are in a cabinet and I also have a recipe binder that I keep all my favorite recipes that I get other places in. The one area for me that needed to be organized was the printed off recipes.  I don't like to take the time to write a recipe on a card to go into my binder until we have tried it and know we like it.  So I needed a better organizatin for that for sure.  I liked the suggetion on the Challenge site to put them in labeled file folders. I had a nice magazine holder that I decided to use for this.  Right now I'm just putting the recipes that I have in there but i really want to get folders to put the recipes in categories. I will label them as Chicken, Meat, Main Meals, Desserts, Breakfast and Sides (this is the way that my binder is organized as well).  This way when i get a recipe that I may want to try, I can just stick it in the file and be done with it until I'm ready to look for something new to cook!

Right now the recipes I have printed are all together in the magazine holder.

My recipe binder is awesome! I got it a long time ago as a wedding gift.  It's from Hallmark, has labled tabs to put on the tab inserts, plastic sleeves to put in 5x7 recipe cards and some blank sheets to write recipes on.  Before this challenge it wasn't really organized so this weekend I decided to put the recipes in an order.  I decided on making a Chicken, Meat, Main Meal (things that dont really have a meat or chicken in them), Desserts, Breakfast and Sides.  This will make it really easy to find a meal I want to make.
My great now organized binder

Each section has a tabbed divider

It has sleeves to put in recipes that you either write out or print out.


Sneak peak to week 6...Recycling and Trash!

0 comments: