Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Week 4 of 52 Week Organization Challenge

Week 4 of the Organization Challenge is Organizing the Frig and Freezer.  You can find the link here.
I'm a day late posting this because Emma was sick yesterday and I stayed home with her :(

My refrigerator stays pretty organized most of the time because I have spots for specific items.  This is what each shelf is supposed to hold...The top right hand shelf  holds the Brita Filter Container plus Brian's yogurts.  The left hand side middle shelf  holds the eggs.  The right hand side middle shelf always holds the Crystal Light pitcher and the Milk Jug.  The bottom right hand side shelf always holds the pop.  The bottom right hand drawer always holds the cheese and tortilla shells.  So I feel that my frig is pretty organized, but it definitely needed a good cleaning.  I was a little lazy this week and didn't get around to cleaning the frig.  I was going to do it Monday but I wasn't thinking and went grocery shopping for the week so my frig is chuck full again!  I will clean it this weekend though. The freezer was a mess! Most of the stuff up there really could go down to the big freezer in the basement.
Before
This is my freezer After.  The plastic bin holds the stuff I need for the weeks meals!  More organized and I moved some stuff down to the deep freezer.

Here is the before picture of my basement storage area.  This are holds extra food we have and also the extra cookware we don't use very often and takes too much room in my cabinets upstairs.  I really need to keep this area clean and organized because I had to thrown some food out because it was expired.  I also need to get better that even though its an awesome sale, if we are not going to eat it, do not buy it! 


This is my storage area after!  Looks so much better and I can actually get to the shelf and I organized it with some dollar store totes.  And yes, we have a TON of gold fish crackers! The kids live on those things and they were just 10/10 get the 11th free at Meijer so I did stock up on these!

The pictures below are the before pictures of our deep freezer by the storage area in the basement.  Things were just kind of thrown everywhere and were only sort of organized.

Below is the after pictures of the organization. All the roasts are now on the top shelf, steaks are on the second shelf, the 3rd shelf holds the random items and the bottom shelf has the hamburger and hamburger patties.  The door now holds all the veggies.

Hopefully being more organized with our food storage we will waste less and I will be able to find what I need easier.

A sneak peak for Week 5's Challenge... Recipes and Cookbooks!

0 comments: